Motor Vehicle Accident Solicitors - Miners Compensation Claims
Motor vehicle accidents and collisions in the mining sector involving both light and heavy vehicles can happen in a variety of circumstances. If you have been injured as a result of a motor accident in or around a mine, you should seek legal advice from a motor vehicle accident solicitor about making a claim for compensation. If you have lost a loved one in a motor accident, you may be entitled to claim fatal accident compensation.
Our solicitors are experts in the fields of workers compensation and motor accident claims. They have dealt with many personal injury claims involving the mining sector. If you would like legal advice about making a No Win No Fee claim, call our Helpline or complete our on-line Contact Form or email our solicitors offices.
Motor Vehicle Accidents in Mining
Motor vehicle accidents in the mining sector usually involve collisions between vehicles; collisions between vehicles and stationary objects; collisions between vehicles and humans; vehicle rollovers and vehicles tipping to side.
Specific case examples include:
- Vehicle sliding and rolling over on a wet road surface.
- Collision between a light vehicle and heavy vehicle where the heavy vehicle operator has a restricted field of vision.
- Haul trucks passing through berms when tipping over the edge.
- An operator of a loaded rear dump truck fell asleep and collided with an approaching empty rear dump truck.
- A loader operator sustained fatal injuries when his mucking unit entered an open bench stope void and fell 20 metres
- A worker drove his utility into the rear of a large, low loader travelling slowly in the same direction crushing the cab.
- A water truck operator sustained fatal injuries when he was crushed when his unattended vehicle rolled backwards.
- A loaded dump truck descending a ramp lost control due to a mechanical defect and crashed killing the driver.
- A light vehicle carrying four workers rolled on a recently watered haul road. One of the passengers died.
- A rear dump truck and a light vehicle collided at a mine ramp intersection. The light vehicle occupants were killed.
- Motor accidents which occur on roads e.g. during transportation of mining products.
Causes of Motor Accidents
- Driving too fast.
- Lack of experience driving the particular vehicle e.g. driving four wheel drive vehicle in off-road conditions.
- Failure to engage four wheel drive while driving in mining areas.
- Poor knowledge of how to recover control of the vehicle.
- Incorrect tyre configurations on the vehicle.
- Vehicle fault e.g. faulty brake system.
- Driver fatigue; micro sleeps.
- Poor surface conditions e.g. wet roads.
- Poor visibility.
- Distraction e.g. use of phones.
- Lack of effective communication procedures where vehicles interact.
- Lack of appropriate signage.
Motor Vehicle Accident Solicitor
Our motor accident solicitors have many years experience in handling compensation claims on a No Win No Fee basis. They have dealt with claims involving a wide range of injuries including fractures, dislocations, amputations, head injury, spinal injury, organ damage, soft tissue injuries, burns, lacerations, psychological injuries and fatal accidents.
If you would like legal advice on how to claim workers compensation for your injury, contact our legal team today. Time limits apply to compensation claims, so you should not delay in seeking legal advice.AUSTRALIA LAWYER HELPLINE: ☎ 1800 339 958